CoResearch Incorporated is a woman owned small business established in 1990 and located in Golden, Colorado, USA. Our passion is data-driven, user-centered design that positively impacts end-users and serves public interest.
Manufacturing: The CoResearch Face Shield is made in the USA with manufacturing and assembly in CO, AR, IL, and MI. We are excited to offer a high quality face shield that supports jobs and communities across the United States.
Denver Offices: 24918 Genesee Trail Road, Golden, CO 80401, USA
CAGE Code: 8MGA3 | DUNS: 076240709
Our team is among the many COVID-19 volunteers and manufacturers who have stepped in to supply personal protective gear for frontline workers during the ongoing surges of the pandemic. Early on, as our friends and other healthcare providers shared their stories, we were concerned that supply shortages were forcing them to source and make their own protective gear.
Responding to requests for 3-D printed PPE, our office’s 3-D printer was put into action. As the 3-D printer droned for hours producing one piece at a time, it became evident that 3-D printing was not the most efficient and cost-effective way to address supply shortages given anticipated needs for millions of pieces.
What if a quality face shield could be produced more efficiently? Based on research and testing, a series of engineering designs were developed. The best design that our team developed is the only one with our name on it - the CoResearch Face Shield. It meets and/or exceeds engineering design specifications for a quality face shield. It can be produced in high volumes in a reasonable time and with cost savings. It is the face shield that we wear.
Why the CoResearch Face Shield?The Head Band adjusts to fit a wide range of head sizes for all-day comfort. Flexible mounting tabs allow transparent shields to be quickly interchanged.
- Comfort Fit – The smooth wide head band minimizes pressure points for all-day comfort.
- Interchangeable Transparent Shield – Three flexible mounting tabs allow transparent shields to be quickly interchanged. During use, the 3 tabs can be flexed to remove and mount a clean transparent shield. In addition, any standard 3-hole punched transparent sheet can be mounted if necessary.
- High Performance Materials – Polypropylene (PP) – This high performance plastic has properties that make it durable and flexible to allow repeated bending of the 3 tabs without breaking/tearing and to conform to the user’s head for all-day comfort. This plastic is non-toxic and washable in soap and water. Fun fact: This plastic is commonly used for living hinges in bottle caps.
- Full Coverage – Length: 9.5 inches (forehead to below chin). Width: 14 inches (wraps ear to ear).
- Curved Edges – Curved bottom edges allow greater freedom of head movement to minimize contact with the user’s shoulders and others nearby.
- Optically Clear – The high optical clarity of the shield optimizes for reading and eye comfort.
- Anti-fog Coated – A hydrophilic anti-fog coating has been applied on both sides to minimize fogging.
- Optimal Thickness – The 7 mil PET transparent shield provides an optimal balance of optical clarity for reading and stiffness for splash protection. Thinner/lighter weight sheets tend to flutter, making an audible noise with the user's movements. Thicker, heavier-weight sheets increase cost and reduce visual clarity.
- Adjustable – Elastic band tension can be easily adjusted by looping around different tabs at the back of the headband.
- Secure Fit – Grippy, stretchy, and can fit around ponytails/buns/etc.
- Non-latex – The elastic band contains no natural rubber proteins and is washable in soap and water.
Scalable Manufacturing Capabilities Translates to Cost Savings – Our capacity for flexible manufacturing allows production to scale up for large orders. With greater volume orders, our ability to source materials at lower cost is realized, and the savings is passed on as volume discounts with larger orders. CoResearch Face Shields are flat packed for shipping and storage which provides cost savings as well.
Our Customers - We are privileged to serve frontline workers across many industries, including healthcare, business, manufacturing, ground & air transportation, and education. To introduce the CoResearch Face Shield to new users, smaller sample packs with 10 face shields are also available for purchase on our website. Please contact us with questions and inquiries.
Thank you, and stay safe!
The CoResearch Team